Great outcomes and great leaders always begin with a powerful vision. What once seemed impossible — eradication of an illness that once took the lives of millions; landing a man on the moon; clean water for remote villages — are now part of daily life because an inspired leader had a powerful vision. As a successful leader, your vision absolutely has the power to inspire, unify and galvanize…your team, your customers and your organization.
What Exactly Is “Vision”?: Yes, we hear this word a lot these days, usually followed by a blustery definition. Let’s boil it down to a definition that will work for you: simply put, your vision is your “imagined future.” It’s better than here. Because every human has the gift of imagination, we also have the ability to uncover and express a vision…a picture of how things could be. Your vision will guide everything you do and every decision you make…including your strategy, your brand and who you hire. It is the compass to your future. It is powerful.
Realize the Power of Your Vision: If you would like to begin to experience the power of your vision, take 3 minutes and answer the questions that follow. As your vision begins to emerge, not only will you will feel inspired and empowered, everyone around you will, as well.
It’s Time…Discover the Power of Your Vision
- Think about the organization you lead. A year from today, what is one thing that will be better? How will you know it’s better (evidence)?
- Close your eyes (go on, do it)…A year from now when this has happened:
- What do you see? Write it down.
- What do you hear? Write it down.
- What do you feel? Write it down.
- When you achieve what you want, how else will other aspects of your life improve?
- What has stopped you from already having this?
- What will happen if you don’t achieve this?